HMS Tabard was a British submarine of the third group of the T class. She was built as P342 by Scotts, Greenock, and launched on 21 November 1945. So far she has been the only ship of the Royal Navy to bear the name Tabard, possibly after the item of clothing.
Tabard was commissioned after the end of the Second World War, and consequently had a relatively peaceful career. In 1960, Tabard along with Taciturn and Trump, joined the 4th Submarine Flotilla at Sydney, Australia. There, they operated with units of the Far East Fleet, the Royal Australian Navy, and the Royal New Zealand Navy. On 8 May 1963, Tabard was involved in a minor collision with Royal Australian Navy frigate HMAS Queenborough, following a week of anti-submarine training exercises.Tabard was at periscope depth when Queenborough passed above her, damaging the submarine's fin and the frigate's keel and port propeller. Both vessels were able to safely return to Sydney, where they docked at naval base HMAS Kuttabul for repairs.
Tabard resturned to the United Kingdom in March 1968. She was permanently moored as a static training submarine at the HMS Dolphin shore-establishment from 1969 until 1974, when she was replaced by HMS Alliance.
Tabard was the last T class boat in service with Royal Navy, albeit non-operationally. She was finally sold for scrap on 2 January 1974, arriving at the breakers on 14 March 1974.